Thank You, Blimey Mighty Morons *Burp* (TYBMM B)- 1

My friends. This is a series of posts to be continued over time, and with due regard to the writer's mood. This one is written in a good one, so enjoy it.

This is one of those dream blogposts every blogger wants to write- not this exact topic, but everyone who writes has this ambitious goal of one topic they simple HAVE to write about.
Mine's a tribute to my friends.
Trust me, I've trashed three of the lamest attempts at poetry in trying to write this one. I know I've dedicated a million notes to a million people, but this is for those who stuck through from Day One on Planet U, and still in the grind with me. This is for the legendary, emotional, animalistic TYBMM 'B'.
I know we've had a ride, and on a scale of one to ten, I'd be honest and give it an 8- we could have done so much more, reduced so much from the fun, but just like the score, we weren't perfect. That made you guys a better deal. So I'll go according to your roll-call, so I don't miss out on anyone.
Ready? Here goes.

2008.3.061- Siddharth Kutty aka Kutty
I think it's absolutely unfair that you should go first because (duh) you're the latest addition to the lot. In any case, you're welcome. Trust me, even three days after you'd attended, you'd already attended almost a semester more than the other Mallu in class (Yo, Rahul, you're awesome- but you're at the end :P) TYBMM suddenly got its own chalta-phirta Wikipedia (After encyclopedia, question bank, Mini-Gujarat, Bhaidas). Thou hast enlightened us about two things- 1. Presentations in the third year can still be worth watching (Oh yes, you have been graded real high by most of us who usually throw imaginary smoke bombs at boring presenters) and 2. It's actually not a waste of time standing up to argue with professors. You've got FYBMM back to memory, minus a certain Ms. Casper.

2008.3.062- Sanil Kothari aka Brownie!

The Master of Ceremony, the organiser, the showman. Yes, there was a rough patch in the beginning- but your quirky humour, your costumed presentations and the B-yummies have made you stand out. Well, I confess, I used to connect you to Cakes, at first, then the bright Pink shirt that you wore on Ink&Pink day when you didn't know it was Pink for girls, but somewhere down the line, the sarcasm and the Navi-aunty jokes made us roll in our seats. You're always walking on the knife's egde with that one, but trust me- it's worth the deal. If there's one single memory I'd pin to you, it's blocking you off from Tahira's dhoondhti hui nazarein on the day of our Save Tigers presentation. You added colour (and that pink comes to mind again) to our lectures, and you're hell of a sweet guy, but you know that.

2008.3.063- Sagar Mehta aka 'I-shall-guard-that-secret-nickname-till-the-end-of-time'
I've already told you, a 12-year lapse in conversation made it slightly awkward to be sitting next to you in class again. You were the rebellion leader, ALL the time. Like, to use a crude example or similarity, an autorickshaw union leader. Crude, I repeat- but come on, think about it. "Humaari Maange poori karo, or I'm not co-operating, jo ukhaadna hai ukhaad" Well, the union did get their raise, and you did get the best deals. The perseverence that you put into all your projects, academic and otherwise, is scary. Really. You inspire people to stay up at night trying to get that one spot off the image in photoshop, perfectly. Thank you for taking care of the creatives in all our common projects, and for standing up for what's right. We'll stick it through, all of us- and one day take over the 13th floor of Westin. O&M Baap ka hai (Ankit, patience). Keep talking random stuff at the backseat of Peggy- one day we shall find a music composer for Taught-not-to.

2008.3.064- Sarvangi Mehta aka Maiyya Maiyya
Hah! You can run from Advertising, but you can't hide from TYBMM 'B'. If you're by any way surprised by the nickname, I'm shutting shop. If I remember clearly, Casper put you through the tragedy of singing to a class of wide-eyed co-FY's on the first day- which began your tryst with being forced to ga-ga pretty literally to the class almost all the time. On the first day, it shocked me to see that such a dainty looking damsel could muster such crystalline notes, but after the first three rounds went up only singing Maiyya Maiyya, I was relieved that you also knew the Close-Up 'paas aao na' jingle. And then they both stuck. Maiyya-Paas-Maiyya-Paas. One day, you'll sit me down and tell me what other songs you can sing, but were too pestered by the class to sing them anyway. AND of course, the hot-blooded arguments during presentations. Dude, seriously. I miss the drama, can you shift to Ad for one presentation day? Uhmm...how's journo treating you?

2008.3.065- Tanvi Mishra aka Howtallareyouanyway?

When I wake up in the morning, and am feeling sorta low and down- YOU NEVER HELP! Around you, I think even Ankit (6'3") feels like a commoner. You've been perfect for three years, consistently! Never made a boo boo, never got pathetic marks, never got yelled at by a professor, never said anything too loudly- You're so, well, right! I mean, kids in first grade these days learn opposites, the list goes like Clean x Dirty, Left x Right, Radhika x Tanvi, Dark x Light, and so on! I stand on the desks sometimes just to see how the world must look like to you (btw, you look preddy preddy on TV). The only presentation I remember working with you on was the newspaper scrapbook one. I won't pretend I know you, because I honestly don't, but it was one of the most stable-headed presentations I'd had, even with one newspaper missing and no gum and no sleep. Oh and btw, I also think that your sudden bursts of sarcasm are awesome. Whooohooo to you, O Tall one.

That's it for now, Thank You, Blimey Mighty Morons *Burp* - 2 shall return with more dedications to the inhabitors of the place.

I also have friends in the Thank You, Blimey Mighty Morons *Acchhhoooo* section, but they can wait. Also, code-name for our college is You-Piggy, you-geddit? Nightos.

2 comments:

And your take is...